Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Compartes Love Potion Bar

Brand: Compartes (Los Angeles)
Price: $9.95
Place of Purchase: Compartes Store, Brentwood, CA


Compartes offers many different types of bars. When first gazing at the wall in the store, I was overcome with excitement with so many choices. The varied art of the boxes, the varied flavor combinations. The longer I took to make my choice, though, the more I wondered if one place could pull off so many great bars.



The Love Potion bar is a 70% dark chocolate bar with hints of pink pepper and lotsa orange peels. The pepper is really just felt as you put the chocolate into your mouth. This is not really a spicy bar. I almost breathed the pepper more than tasted it. The big part of this bar is the orange peels. These are not oranges but orange peels, and, as such, are quite a bit ask texture-wise. As someone that enjoys melting the bar in my mouth, I was greeted with the hint of pepper and ended up with one or more hunks of very hard orange peel in my mouth--not good. This made the bar almost a bust. In an effort just to finish the bar, I began tossing a piece in my mouth and chewing it. Suddenly, Love Potion worked. The texture of the peels really made the chew even better. I really do not want to chew my chocolate but it made the bar work.

The art is very eye-catching and clever with the subtle silhouette of a woman tasting a moon.

http://compartes.com/products/chocolate-bar-orange-pepper-spice-love-potion

** (out of 4)

No comments:

Post a Comment